Working With Us – Accounts Payable
Managing your details
We hold a master record in our system with a unique vendor number which is quoted on your Purchase Orders. This information includes:
- Company name
- Postal address
- Email addresses (for purchase orders and payment remittances)
- Bank account details
Should you need to update any of this information, please send details of the changes on company letterhead, quoting your unique vendor number, to our accounts payable helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
When ordering goods or services your contact from the relevant BBC Studios/BBC Global News entity will create a purchase order (PO) with a unique number. The purchase order will be issued by email (providing we have an email address in our master records). You should be in receipt of a valid purchase order (in PDF format), before providing the goods or services.
If you have the PO number only and want to confirm it, this can be done by calling 0208 433 3355.
This service is open 24 hour a day 6 days a week (from 21:00 BST Sunday until 03:00 BST Saturday).
This is the only telephone number that should be used to confirm validity.
Please email us your invoices. They must be in PDF format and only one invoice per PDF document.
To avoid delay in payment it is important that the invoice is legally compliant and that it includes a valid PO number, PO line item number (if applicable) and the details (name and telephone number) of your BBC contact. Non-compliant invoices will be sent back to the supplier which may lead to a delay in payment.
The following information must be provided on each invoice:
- Addressed to the relevant BBC Studios/BBC Global News entity (as per the PO that you receive) Department or programme title on its own is not sufficient
- Supplier's name and address
- The word 'invoice' (or if a credit, the words 'credit note')
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Value and currency
- Description of goods and services supplied
- PO number and PO line item number (if applicable)
- Contact details of BBC representative
- Any unique reference number or information requested by the BBC representative
If VAT/tax is applied, the invoice should be split between the net value of goods and services, the rate and amount of VAT/tax, and the total value of the invoice. A valid and current VAT/tax registration number must also be displayed.
Please note that any invoice which does not comply will be returned to the supplier for resubmission with the correct information.
Invoices can be submitted by:
Email to email@example.com (Please note that this is an unmanned mailbox and you will not receive any response.)
Or by exception, in the post to:
PO Box 750
If sending us your invoice in the post, a scanned image is created, so it is important that the invoice is of good quality and easy to read. We recommend that the invoice is on white A4 paper, clearly printed in black, and that highlighters or hand written amendments have not been used.
You can contact us by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- For a telephone number please refer to the information in the footer of your PO
If you have a query regarding payment and you’ve already sent an invoice in PDF format to email@example.com, please do not resend the invoice, instead, please contact our accounts payable helpdesk who will be able to advise your invoice status.
In accordance with our Terms of Trade, we will pay suppliers such sums as are due by the end of the month following the month of the invoice date. Where specific contract clauses are agreed which vary the terms of payment, these will take precedence.
Our Terms of Trade also include provision for late payment in accordance with the November 1998 Act of Parliament. We reserve the right to withhold payment where the goods or services have not been provided in accordance with the contract.
Avoiding delay in payment
In order to avoid possible delays in payment it is essential that the invoice is in line with the purchase order received. Where these do not match, the invoice will require investigation.
Please be aware of the following when submitting an invoice:
- The invoice must be compliant (see the submitting an invoice section above)
- The invoice must reflect the quantity and price as per the purchase order. Any increase in price or quantity must be pre-agreed with the originator of the order before providing the additional goods or services and an amended purchase order will be provided if agreed
- If the supplier's name and/or address on the invoice is different to that stated on the purchase order the change in details must be confirmed before the invoice can be processed. This can be done by emailing a PDF on letter headed paper to our accounts payable helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org or, by exception, sending it in the post to:
PO Box 750
Terms of Trade
All purchase orders are governed by the relevant BBC Studios/BBC Global News standard terms and conditions, which you can find here:
BBC Studios: https://www.bbcstudios.com/purchase-conditions
BBC Global News: https://www.bbcglobalnews.com/supplier-terms